Hanoi, 29 October 2020 – CARE, Mastercard, VPBank, WISE, and Canal Circle today announced the Ignite initiative in Vietnam – a new partnership focused on promoting the empowerment of women entrepreneurs. This multilateral partnership will accelerate the growth of economy-changing businesses while advancing financial security and also promoting inclusive growth through prioritized actions to enable women entrepreneurs to thrive.
With women-led micro and small enterprises playing a major role in the Vietnamese economy, the initiative offers unparalleled solutions including both financial and non-financial services for women entrepreneurs.
- Mastercard and CARE Partner to support 1,000 Women Entrepreneurs as Vietnam reopens economy and country
- Upgraded job-matching app JupViec.vn enables domestic workers to access inclusive financial services
- Glorifying multi-tasking by women entrepreneurs has to stop
- More than 11,000 ethnic minority women supported to develop livelihood through the “Reach to Excel” project
- Female workers in informal sector with considerable economic impacts due to the pandemic get financial support